This is just a quick update on the Workflow project, since I’m require by applicable law and regulation to post twice by midnight tonight. Not that that’s bad, or I’m complaining or anything - but it’s still a fact none the less.
So, I’m here to report that in the past five minutes I have thought about the problem.
Five minutes ago I forgot to mention that I’ve written part of a basic skeleton of the software. Unfortunately, my laptop, which has the only copy of the software, is currently undergoing a software upgrade, so I didn’t do much. However, I did start to think about how I’m probably generalizing my proof of concept a little bit too much. The database schema is starting to look a little caddywompus, which granted, it is.
But I can toot my horn about the Conquest-CLI. Some collueges of mine whined at me about how KDE’s Konquest is GUI-only, so I wrote it for the command line. The algorithms are pretty much ripped straight from the C++ code that Konquest was written in, except for the UI. I wrote the user interface using the standard Python raw_input() and print() commands, so it’s portable to any platform. Even Windows, if you install the Python interpreter. Anyway, point is, there is now a version of Konquest in CLI form. For servers worldwide.
Order your version today for only $9.99, and receive a free promotional T-shirt.
I’ll post the code as soon as it’s reviewed & tested.