Actually, USACO is still classified, so I can’t tell you anything about it. Except that it was quite fun, really. Stay tuned for solutions.
As for the PillowPedia project, it turns out that computers really don’t run as well when your Mom flips the wrong breaker, if you catch my drift. I might try to restart the process again, but we’ll have to see. We really will.
Another project that I’ve started is Lyst. I was thinking the other day, as I am apt to do, that a Myst-esque game based in and around the LASA High School would be pretty cool. So I’ve started work on building the Lyst game engine. I’m basing it on the Pyzzle engine, so that I don’t have as much work to do. Granted, there’s still a few things that I’m going to have to add to make Pyzzle work for everything I want.
The other half of Lyst is the interface which is used to generate worlds. As it stands, Pyzzle reads from a sqlite database, which is not exactly easy to customize. So far I have a rough program that does everything required to create a simple version of Myst that’s stateless - obviously, that’s not quite enough, but it’s a huge start. Over the break I’ll probably make a few improvements to it, and we’ll start to see some real improvements.